Golden Cauliflower Couscous with Pecans
1 head cauliflower
1/2 cup pecans
2 T parsley
3 cloves garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1. Shred the florets of cauliflower in the food processor until couscous-like in consistency.
2. Heat 2 T of avocado oil in a pan and add the cauliflower. Saute for 5 minutes.
3. Make a pesto from the pecans, parsley, garlic and 2 T of avocado oil. Add to the cauliflower and cook an additional 2 or 3 minutes.
The pecans and avocado oil add richness, and the nuttiness compliments the cauliflower.
Swiss Chard with Chorizo
1 bunch Swiss chard
1 chorizo sausage
2 T broth
1 T cooking fat
1. Separate the stems from the leaves of the chard.
2. Thinly slice and saute the sausage. When it is nearly cooked add the sliced chard stems and saute until softened.
3. Add the chard greens additional fat if needed and cooking liquid and cover stirring occasionally until fully wilted.
I am not a big fan of Swiss chard but the strong flavor of the chorizo helps make it palatable.